Are you seeking project management software that will allow you to efficiently handle your projects and effectively manage your teammates? If you answered yes, you’ve landed in the correct spot.
Everyone works in various ways, to meet deadlines, keep track of the time your employees are spending on projects, interact with your team, and a lot more.
Thankfully, there are tonnes of project management software that can help you accomplish all that. But which one is the best fit for you? To answer that question you have to go through our article. By the end of this you will be able to :
- Get to know the top project management software out there in the market
- What Is project management software, exactly
- Find the best project management software perfectly suited to your requirements
With all that said let’s get started!
20 Best Project Management Software
Go through each of them carefully and their top features to determine which one would be the greatest match for you.
Monday.com’s easy UI and generous free tier make it the perfect location for startups and small teams, to begin with as a basic project management software.
This project management software is much more free-form and flexible than traditional solutions.
Under the hood, cards can feature photos and attachments, links, customized drop-down menus, due dates, and much more.
Individual projects and continuous workflows are effectively managed, and the board and card metaphors are simple to grasp.
It is very effective for effectively managing and monitoring progress toward a specified end date.
Furthermore, the firm has done an excellent job with assisted in-app training to get you up and running.
Monday.com is a wonderful place to start with project management for everyone else.
It’s accessible through the internet, on mobile devices, and on desktop computers.
- Separate risk management tool to assist identify and track possible hazards, as well as risk owner and status information.
- Turn comments to tasks and vice versa by adding comments to tasks.
- Project reports and timelines are used to keep track of the progress of the project.
- With a simple drag-and-drop interface, you may create an infinite number of project plan timelines.
- Scroll in on a week to view the intricacies of a plan, or expand out to get a year’s overview.
If you’ve ever been put off by the sheer complex nature of utilizing a full-fledged project management system, ClickUp is definitely worth a look.
Getting up – and – running on a small to moderate project can be accomplished quickly without learning the intricacies of a new, sophisticated system.
Despite its vast set of features, the app’s interface is straightforward and clear, doing a fantastic job of displaying important data without overwhelming users with lengthy lists and complex charts.
Tasks may be seen as kanban boards or standard lists, and the intuitive menu options keep you from having to go through numerous screens to locate the information you need.
ClickUp, like many other comparable apps, allows you to automate different activities both within the app and via third-party tools and services.
- Message boards are available for posting announcements and pitching ideas.
- Documents, files, and spreadsheets may all be shared.
- Excellent discussion in groups and individually.
- Provides a number of calendaring choices, such as a personal calendar, a workspace calendar, and others.
Asana is a project management software that aids teams in organizing their work, from daily chores to long-term goals.
You can create recurring projects, access to-do lists, and interact with over 100 third-party apps.
The portfolio function allows you to keep track of all of your projects from beginning to end.
You can divide incoming tasks and handle them more effectively with Asana forms. Additionally, task comments, attachments, notes, and more make it simple to communicate with your teams.
Each team is assigned to a workspace, which has particular duties. Individuals and teammates may follow the projects they need. If and when anything changes, followers of that project will automatically get updates on the changes.
Asana will improve your project management abilities to the next level.
- It has an inbuilt mailing system that allows members to handle assignments and tasks online instead of using external mailing.
- Over 100 integrations are available like Google Drive, Gmail, Outlook, Google Drive, etc
- Provides a RESTful API to make it simple to update and retrieve data.
- There are more than 50 different layouts to choose from.
- Uses custom fields to keep a record of important metrics
ProofHub Projects is a user-friendly project management solution that is simple to use and has a pleasing appearance.
This popular project management platform provides customers with collaboration capabilities that they won’t find anywhere else, including the ability to send messages and shared notes, as well as the ability to prioritize tasks, assign tags, set milestones, and invoice.
ProofHub also interacts with your email, and not just for the sake of integration; you can even use it to create and delegate tasks.
You can quickly upload at a centralized place, save, and manage your files. This may also be used to examine and collaborate on files as proofing software.
If you are more into managing things then choose ProofHub.
- Time tracking, Gantt charts, subtasks, reports, and more are just a few of the features available.
- Simple Integration: Use email to communicate and even deliver tasks. Microsoft Word and Google Calendar are also supported.
- Document management solutions are compatible with NTFS, FTP, Cvs, SV3, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- A smartphone app for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and Windows phones is available, allowing users to access the site from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Color-coded milestones let you keep track of delivery dates.
Basecamp is yet another all-in-one project management software for multi-project management.
Task planning, to-do lists, group discussions, and other features are included in this program.
The best thing is that Basecamp has connectors for Android, Mac, iOS, and PC. Basecamp offers an intriguing tool called the Hill chart for measuring your project progress.
Your job is represented here as distinct portions of a hill: uphill tasks are in the planning phase, hill peaks are the accomplishment of task planning, and the downhill stage is concerned with the execution of tasks.
All in all, basecamp consists of a variety of features that assist you in working with teams of various sizes and levels, particularly when it comes to project planning and commencement.
It is especially clear with an easy-to-use collaboration channel.
- Meeting management is used to plan and maintain track of meetings, as well as comment duty follow-ups. You can plan web conferences or even webinars.
- Integrated issue management tool for identifying and documenting possible problems. You may create a list of issues with pertinent information such as the issue owner and status.
- There are many workplaces dedicated to different teams.
- Tasks may be created, assigned, organized, prioritized, and shared.
- They have templates for custom and pre-configured projects.
Trello, a project management tool, was founded in 2004 and now boasts a user base of 3.5 million people.
The application claims to be able to be a substitute for a number of other monthly subscription services, such as Discord and Dropbox.
While the program isn’t often a perfect substitute, it does combine many of the functionality of such tools into one system.
Scheduling and calendars are provided, as well as real-time chat, private messaging, file storage, and more.
A streamlined UI and powerful search features make it simple to locate the task, image, or message you’re looking for, and a robust reporting suite allows you to go down as far as you need to.
Trello is accessible as a web application as well as an iOS and Android app.
- Calendar for assignment and appointment planning
- Effective team communication can be achieved through direct-to-phone notifications and discussion forums
- Make use of several checklists to divide down large lists into smaller, more manageable sub-lists.
- Ability to interact with your teammates utilizing the task comments and threaded responses.
- Real-time monitoring of your job progress.
Would you use a worksheet to manage your tasks?? If that’s the case, you might enjoy Wrike.
Wrike provides the same flexibility as a worksheet, with columns for any piece of task information you wish to monitor
Wrike allows your team to change task statuses at various intervals—in progress, on hold, canceled, or finished.
You may also set the status of jobs to green, yellow, red, on hold, or canceled, making it simple to produce weekly project progress reports.
While Wrike’s paid plan allows you to accomplish a lot, its finest features, such as timesheets, Gantt charts, and customized dashboards, do require a premium subscription.
Wrike evolves with you, providing you with all of the tools you need to manage both a single little project and a number of large projects at the same time.
- Custom rates in several currencies may be added.
- Ability to obtain comprehensive financial reports.
- It’s simple to keep track of issues, defects, and tasks.
- Synchronize all of your files throughout your devices automatically.
While Jira has a Kanban view, it is designed for Scrum and Agile processes.
When you initially join up, the onboarding flow asks you a few questions about your team’s projects, degree of experience with various methods, and deadlines, and then suggests a methodology and project template for you.
Epics will be added to the Roadmap page for Scrum projects.
Then you may individually add items to your backlog, filling up information and assigning them to sprints.
Project tracking takes place on a Scrum board, which serves as the homepage for each project.
You may modify column headings as well as change task descriptions and status.
While the free plan does not allow you to manage user access, it does contain up to ten users.
- Using Gantt Charts makes it simple to make changes.
- The report creator can be customized
- Manage unique sales procedures and obtain a comprehensive client history.
- Planning, timesheets, and cost reporting are available
Hive has a lot of integrations, good reporting features, budgetary control and effective budget features, and the ability to streamline the company’s operations.
Their quality assurance and client relationships are praise-worthy.
Hive live chat is a feature of the platform that allows you to contact their representative and receive prompt and comprehensive responses to their questions.
Because the Hive implementation is cloud-based, no installation is required.
It also enables you to engage with the members of your team while being up to date on comments, goals, and new developments.
However, there are some drawbacks to the software, such as the absence of a free version, and fewer options for invoicing preparation and billing.
Amidst these flaws, the Hive project management software is a highly practical and comprehensive solution for your company’s needs!
- A complete description of all of a project’s connections, as well as their duties, is available
- You can manage your projects and task on your mobile device.
- Sharing files, checkboxes, spreadsheets, and other documents with your team can be done easily.
- You can track the progress of your projects using the Project Schedule Cross View.
Zenkit is one of the most sophisticated and effective project management software presently available.
You can get some great features like activity monitoring, offline data collecting, and customizable database administration.
One can also bring teams together and link all of your work in one location from anywhere.
They even have features to organize your work using a variety of tools, such as lists, boards, Gantt charts, and calendars.
You may write notes for your project using the hyper notes function.
There is also a function to establish topic-based discussions and interact with your team members using the Zenchat function.
Zenkit can also be easily integrated with popular programs such as Evernote, Slack, Trello, Gmail, and others.
If you are a small company or freelancer you may simply select from the many cost-effective plans available. You may even use the free basic plan.
- You have the option of inviting coworkers or freelancers to work on your project.
- Even in an offline situation, you may operate without hassle.
- Get the freedom to personalize your project view. You have the option of using boards, graphic timelines, or grids.
- Use preset reports to keep track of numerous projects, portfolios, and resources.
- You get a unique URL that you may use to subscribe to your tasks, schedules, and other items.
Podio is a free-of-cost project management software with 11 distinct task views to select from, including Gantt charts and visualizations.
There are also four alternative page views: Chat (which shows chats alongside your chores)
Doc (which allows you to build documents, wikis, and knowledge bases)
Embed (which allows you to add applications and websites to your tasks), and Form (which allows you to add forms to your activities).
These kinds of interactions can save you a lot of time, but you’ll have to put in some effort in the beginning.
One-off tasks may be allocated to any user or group, and the impact of that extra labor on the individuals doing it is automatically included in project deliverable estimates.
- Monitoring and boards for project management
- Calendars for projects and changelogs
- Reports on time trackers and time logs
- Estimated project duration and time
12. Zoho Projects
Next comes Zoho projects from the house of Zoho.
To store it all in one place, simply add your tasks as graphic cards in each column, complete with labels, due dates, participants, checklists, pictures, attachments, and comments.
Zoho projects Power-Up options (currently limitless even on the free account) allow you to see tasks on a calendar, add voting choices to tasks, automatically fade away outdated tasks, and much more.
And you can create Zoho boards for everything—personal and professional chores alike—to get your job done in the most efficient way possible.
One can use Zoho’s vast suite of software to connect and link with this app.
You can also use it with your favorite apps, like Gmail and Slack, for even more versatility.
- With a shared link, you may effortlessly share big media files with anyone.
- Ability to password-protect your shared links for enhanced privacy.
- Get the freedom to personalize your project view. You have the option of using boards, graphic timelines, or grids.
- Invoice reminders can be automated.
Teamwork is a simple project management software for organizing tasks using Kanban boards.
It’s also a platform that anybody can use, with a free subscription that allows for limitless boards and users.
Begin by making a new board from scratch or selecting a template from hundreds of possibilities in marketing, sales, design, team management, and other categories.
As you finish chores, just drag them to the proper list.
From the activity menu, you may keep track of all comments and tasks that reference you or that you are watching.
Teamwork allows freelancers to organize their assignments on a personal board, and teams to construct a comprehensive project process with visibility at every stage.
- Pre-built reports are available to help you monitor your progress on different projects, assets, and resources.
- You can create interactive and visible project roadmaps.
- Ability to manage large-scale initiatives.
- There are three different forms of project budget tracking.
Casual is a unique project management application that allows you to graphically organize, execute, and monitor projects.
You may use flowcharts to organize a complete project in addition to writing down the activities as lists.
Casual allows you to organize projects involving numerous teams and individuals by setting project milestones and creating a process.
You may even make connections and relationships between the activities you’ve drawn.
Despite its uniqueness, it is extremely simple to use and straightforward, making it ideal for personal projects or projects with small teams.
And there’s more. Projects and their elements can be saved.
Initiatives and work processes may be revisited, and the stages can be used to design further projects.
- Ability to Use Gantt charts for real-time information
- Create templates based on the most successful project ideas you’ve created.
- You can examine the current status of your projects.
- Feature to obtain actionable information and anticipate future trends.
Avaza is a fantastic project and process management application.
It has a nice, easy-to-use design that helps you understand how the program works and use it.
Modules and features like task management, project management, and team communication are easy yet powerful, with a variety of alternatives to select from.
This also makes it an excellent tool for freelancers or teams working remotely.
Each team member is provided a list of tasks that are relevant to them based on the set order.
This may be accomplished by sketching tasks and assigning causal links to those tasks, as well as establishing the sequence of execution for each project activity.
The Avaza project management software is distinguished by its AI function, which quickly guides you through the project planning phase by monitoring user actions.
- With their messaging software, you can effortlessly collaborate and organize your communications.
- You can create permission groups to provide access to your whole team or to invite a colleague to a specific page.
- Avaza supports over 50 applications, including Twitter and CodePen.
- Clients will be able to track developments in real time.
nTask is a project management software that allows you to divide projects into parts and sub-lists.
It also has a well-equipped dashboard that shows how much of the project has already been accomplished.
You’ll add, rearrange, and finish activities, in the same manner, you would in a to-do list app, but with team collaboration and organizing capabilities.
You may create additional lists in nTask that are exclusively shared with select individuals for your chores or items at work that doesn’t fit into a single project.
Your own assigned tasks will also appear in your My Tasks tab, allowing you to quickly see what you need to do.
You can even automate nTask tasks with nTask integrations which will help you connect project information to other apps.
- With extensive privacy settings, you can control who has access to project files.
- Configurable user interfaces and business processes.
- Ability to distribute files, conversations, and emails to stakeholders.
- You can add an infinite number of customers.
Aha is a free project management software and time tracker that helps freelancers plan, prioritize, and monitor their work for various customers and projects.
Clients, projects, and tasks are the three categories of work.
You may assign due dates, define priorities, and add comments and assets to each job.
There is a feature to see your tasks as a list or as a Kanban board to sort all of your tasks for each client and job by state, due dates, priority, and more.
You can also assign your teamwork hours and hourly rates to make billing a snap. Download, print, or share the report with your customers in a full list view, as a pie graph, or as a bar chart, or use the data to generate a branded invoice straight in Aha.
- With Resource Workload, you can keep track of your team’s workload.
- Create a visual representation of your asset management to obtain a birds-eye perspective of your projects.
- A built-in time-tracking system is included.
- Invoices can be generated from chargeable records.
Procore comes in next on this list of the best project management software.
Working with customers is a breeze with email integration and the option to share specific assignments and messages is very handy.
Notifications may be tailored to your needs, including being turned off outside of business hours.
Projects can be viewed in Kanban or even more traditional formats, and relationships between jobs can be defined.
The program can handle even somewhat complicated project needs with features like problem and process management, Gantt charts, and customizable reports.
You may search for numerous features using its sophisticated search tool, and you can even store searches as customized sub-boards
Other services, both Procore’s suite of apps and those from big companies like Google and Microsoft, are also well integrated.
- Management of shared files and documentation
- It has a lot of integration with other apps (Gmail, Dropbox, Zendesk, GitHub, and more)
- Excellent security mechanisms have been implemented.
- Direct import from a number of applications such as Trello, Asana, and App Engine is available.
- Maintains processes that are based on if-then logic.
19. ProProfs Project
If the Monday.com approach appears to be too restricted for you, but you don’t have the time to learn and set up a complicated project management application, it’s time to look into ProProfs.
Standard project management tools such as Gantt charts, helpful dashboards, and a full reporting suite are built-in.
A time monitoring tool is also built-in, and it is accessible to both the worker working on a specific job and the person in charge of the project as a whole.
Dashboards are just as configurable, with over 20 different widgets to select from so you can only show the most relevant project data.
The user interface is efficient, and while it might need a visual makeover, it has everything that good project management software should have.
- Visually manage the workloads of your staff.
- Unexpected actions can be kept in a backlog so that they may be completed later.
- A project can be assigned to a group of persons.
- Use project comments and documents to collaborate with team members on a project.
- The software allows you to keep track of how much time you spend on each job and bill your clients.
Airtable is adaptable enough to meet the project management demands of a varied workforce.
Gantt, Rapid, Agile, Kanban, and Flow are among the methods and styles supported by the software.
All of these features are accessible on the free plan, making it the most comprehensive and versatile free plan we evaluated.
Every project you start might take a different approach, and you can add new project views at any moment.
Aside from those views, each project features a Summary tab that displays a summary of jobs, activities, customers, and burn down.
We also like the My Work screen, which aggregates your work, tasks, calendar, and specific projects.
You also get unlimited tasks and assignments, unique processes, and up to 15 people are included in the free plan.
- Ability to connect it with Slack for fast team communication.
- An easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface
- Ability to track bugs
- Your dashboard gives an overview of all projects.
What Is Project Management Software, Exactly?
Project management software applications allow teams, small enterprises, and individuals to track projects at all phases.
These software solutions allow you to collaborate on a project collaboratively and remotely, add notes and deadlines, measure progress, and make revisions.
Some software applications offer search functionality, email integration, and organizational suggestions.
These types of software can be extremely useful in remote working environments as well.
Project management software packages range from simple to complicated, including built-in integration and search features.
There are free-to-use and premium software variants and some offer periodically paid memberships.
If you’re just getting started and want to test out the program, a free trial version is an excellent place to start.
The following make the best use of project management software:
- Owners of small businesses
- Individuals in charge of several projects
- Workers who work from home
- Sales groups
- Architects and Engineers
How to Choose A Project Management Software For your Needs
The best project management software should be chosen based on the features they provide and comparing them with your unique requirements.
How they can be used by your employees and their needs.
The software capabilities, operations, and costs, among other factors.
Many of these solutions provide automatic billing, the ability to build projects from configurable templates, comprehensive reporting, and other features.
When selecting the right software for your project, make sure it provides a free trial or a basic free plan. This allows you to fully comprehend all of the required characteristics.
Also Check: Best Free & Paid Web Conferencing Software
Additionally, ensure that you have access to advanced collaboration tools to begin discussions with your team members.
Best Project Management Software
For people who are short on time, here are our choices for the best project management software in every category.
- Monday.com – Best Overall
- Aha! & Airtable – Best Free
- Zenkit & Monday.com – Best For Small-Scale Businesses
- Basecamp & ProofHub – Best For Medium-Scale Businesses
- Teamwork & Avaza – Best For Freelancers
Managing several projects is a big problem in today’s corporate climate.
That’s where the best project management software will come in handy, allowing you to efficiently plan, prioritize, and execute activities from the ground up.
You must constantly track and measure the development of your project, allocate tasks, and interact with your team.
Project management software, such as the ones listed above, may assist you in accomplishing all of this with ease.
We hope this article has helped you find the best project management software for your needs.
About the Author: 99businessideas.com led by Rupak Chakrabarty is committed to helping beginners, entrepreneurs, and small business owners in starting, managing, and growing their businesses.