If you live in a city with a high population density with a young crowd, a retail baby clothing store business is perfect to start. An entrepreneur having knowledge about the retail industry can initiate retail kid’s clothing store business with focusing target niche.
The size of the children’s clothing market is growing and there is no shortage of potential consumers in this industry ever. The market for children’s products is enormous. The kids themselves are more sophisticated now and they have the power to influence their parents in almost every purchase decision. Children are now savvier customers than ever before.
If you are living in a small town or in a city where the population density is high a baby clothing retail store business is perfect to start.
Here are the 6 Steps to Follow to Start a Baby Clothing Retail Store Business
1. Compliance for Baby Clothing Retail Store Business
Create a business structure and meet an attorney or small business advisor familiar with the retail business to sort out these issues. Regarding, insurance liability meets a commercial insurance agent. Obtain a trade license from a local authority and apply for sale tax registration of your firm.
Create a soft winning business name that is memorable and easy to spell for your retail kid store business. You can initiate this business by having a lease or rent a property in a good location.
2. Business Plan for Retail Baby Clothing Store Business
Write a business plan for your retail kid store business. It will not only help you to be on the right track in the future but also help you in arranging finance if you need any.
Specify what segments you want to cater to in your store like clothing, toiletries, toys, kid’s furniture, shoes, personal care products, stationery, etc. what age group will be your target customer.
How you are going to compete with other established retail brands. What will be the in-shop promotion strategy? Calculate your initial capital investment and projected return on investment.
3. Setup of Retail Baby Clothing Store Clothing Business
Lease a visible and accessible store location with sufficient space for customer parking. Choosing the right retail space location is the most important factor in the retail business. Make sure your store has an attractive storefront and good signage.
To make retail kids store business a successful venture a floor plan is important. Take advice from interior experts and purchase display fixtures and mannequins. Interior decoration of your store should be comfortable and kids friendly. If you are planning to set up a big one then try to keep a place as a play zone for kids.
4. Hire Manpower for Baby Clothing Store Business
Hiring the right personnel is an important issue in getting success in this business. Hire skilled and experienced personnel with a pleasant and attractive personality. For in-shop activity, employees play a crucial role in making the sale done.
5. Sourcing for Baby Clothing Store Business
You need to do extensive research on purchasing items of wholesale children’s clothing. Consider fun ideas such as stuffed animals or an exciting superhero. Carrying a particular baby brand will require you to become an authorized dealer of a popular manufacturer’s products.
You can also specialize in medium to high-end products, which often are not found in major stores. In garments, consider a balancing between creative and utility daily-wear clothes.
6. Promote Your Retail Baby Clothing Store Business
- Create a child-oriented grand opening that children and parents won’t want to miss.
- Do some outdoor advertising activity
- Craft and hang attractive signage on the front wall of your store
- Create an online presence by developing a website. Update your products with features and prices regularly.
- Initiate an online order system and cash-on-delivery.
- Offer some introductory discounts and gifts to your valued customer.
- Keeping a record of the Birth Date of your kid customers and wishing them on the day with a small gift, definitely give a wide chance of enhancing return customers.
- Concentrate on brand building
You can start the retail baby clothing store business with low start-up capital. To achieve break-even minimum period required is 6 months and the expected gross profit is 25 percent.