Do you want to start a designer blouse making business from home? Do you want to start the business with small capital investment? Read the post to get every detail about starting a designer blouse making business.
A blouse is an essential readymade garment for women. Generally, this apparel was popular in the Asia Pacific region in the ancient time. And women used to wear blouse as the daily wear.
Nowadays, with the changing fashion style, the designer blouse is increasingly popular globally. And women can drape designer blouse with sarees, lehenga and even with some western outfits.
There are several different types of designer blouses are popular now. However, these blouses come with a wide range of designs, patterns, and colors.
Some of the most popular cuts are Backless, Halter Neck, Boat Neck, High Neck, Asymmetric, Collar Neck, Peter Pan Collar, Jacket Style, Knotted Blouse etc.
Who Can Start Designer Blouse Making Business?
If you are passionate about creating designs and patterns, then this business is just perfect for you. Additionally, if you have an educational background in fashion designing, then this is the best self-employment opportunity for you.
Furthermore, housewives and moms can earn a handsome income from this home-based business. Moreover, you must have a passion for crafting designs and patterns for starting this business.
Things To Consider In Starting Designer Blouse Making Business
- First of all, the business demands a certain skill. If you don’t know about designing the blouse then you can attend some sewing classes. Additionally, you can go through several books. Nowadays, there are several designing software is also available and you can use the software.
- Do some market research. You can get a lot of information from online shopping sites. You must have a prior idea about the trending patterns and designs
- Craft a business plan. This is important for every business. You must decide what are the specific designs you will produce. How you will market your product. Who are your target audience etc?
- Calculate how must startup capital you will need to have to start the business. Generally, there are some investments in the procuring sewing machine, threads, linen etc.
- Develop a marketing plan. As you are starting the business from home, you must consider promoting the products both in online and offline.
Step-by-step Guide for Starting Designer Blouse Making Business
Compliance & Taxes
Before commencing the business, talk to a tax consultant. You must understand the tax liabilities and compliance liabilities if there is any. And it hugely depends on the location where you want to start the business.
Procure the machine first. According to your requirement, you will need to choose the right machine. Additionally, you will need to procure other designing materials. This includes colorful threads, beads, mirrors etc. In addition, you will need to purchase the fabric. It is advisable to procure the best quality materials from reliable suppliers. According to your business size, you may need to recruit employees.
Set up The Business
You must have a specific space in the home. Determine the space and establish the workplace there. Apart from the sewing operation, you must have separate spaces for storage and official work. You can use your own PC or laptop for printing the bills etc.
Promote Your Product
Start sharing about your business with everyone you know. Ask your relatives and friends to try your product. Get the feedback.
Contact with the boutique owners. They are the major retailer of this product. You can sell your product as retail consignment basis.
Additionally, you can sell the product from online marketplaces. Just sign up with seller registration. And upload your items with detail features and price tag.
Finally, you must set up a small online store of your own. And nowadays, with the help of the technology, you can open an online store with small capital investment. From that store, the customer can directly buy the designer blouse from you.