Do you want to start a computer assembling business? Find here a detailed stepwise business plan guide on starting a custom PC making business.
Computer assembling also allows the customized PC making service. Because of the high price of the branded computer, many people go for high-configuration assembled computers. You can start the business by importing spare parts of the computer from China or any other country.
For a small business, creating a loyal and niche customer base and creating a proper distribution network is important. You can start this business at home too. As your business grows, you can operate from a retail space.
On a small scale, computer assembly is a simple task because of the highly standardized nature of computer components. Computer component manufacturers build their products according to set industry standards, allowing for a wide degree of compatibility with components from other manufacturers.
Assembling a computer is as simple as snapping in purchased components from upstream suppliers, some of which include Intel and IBM, into appropriate slots within computer cases.
Computer Assembling Business Plan
Do some market research before starting. The industry is changing very fast with different technology upgradations both in hardware and software. Prior experience and knowledge about the industry preferred. Pay attention to crafting a computer assembling business plan. Identify the niche segments in starting.
Plan about how you will be going to find customers. Determine how you will be going to compete with other established organizations in the same field. Calculate, how much cash you need to start and survive the business at least 6 months.
Following are some of the steps you need to follow to start and run a PC assembling business:
- Decide on what kind of computers you are going to assemble. Conduct a market research in your locality to understand the trends and demand for custom PCs the customers are looking for.
- You need to fix the price for your custom made computers. You can choose either value-based pricing or mark up pricing.
- Choose a relevant business name for your computer assembling business.
- Check with local authority what licenses are required, if any to run the business.
- Choose a business structure and after getting proper documents to open a business bank account.
- Create a proper workplace with equipment needed to produce PCs
- Promote your business by networking with people as much as you can. Create a business card, fliers, and brochures and distribute to local people. If you can afford, create a website in the name of your business. A website of your own will for sure enhance the credibility for your business.
Computer Assembling Business Services
You can offer a wide variety of services to your clients. You can offer computer security system, computer cleaning service, software installation, computer upgradations, computer maintenance etc. To create a loyal customer base it is advisable to focus on a niche audience.
In this business, post-sale customer service plays a crucial role in expansion. In starting, you can tie up with other businesses for mutual benefits. You must pay attention to building a solid distribution network. And expand in a legitimate way.
Computer Assembling Business Resources
When you are starting the business from home with a small budget, you must plan your business resources rightfully. Raw material procuring is the most important one. You must procure the items at the best price. In this industry, the equipment and tools are basically the same.
Microsoft for operating systems, Intel for processors and motherboards, and Western Digital for hardware are well-known to every people. But the fact is, you can source the materials by bargaining, at least 5% less price than markup from the right vendors.
Morris Rosenthal, renowned author of Start Your Own Computer Business advises not to stock more stuff beyond your present requirement. “The shelf life for items like hard drives and memory is similar to that of fresh produce in the supermarket,” says Rosenthal. “Computer parts suffer from a type of spoilage I’d characterize as premature obsolescence.
New hardware is being released every month, and even if your customers don’t push you for the latest thing, the emergence of new products causes the prices of older products to fall as vendors who bought in quantity to get discounts to try to unload them.”
“For Further Reading”
Simple Steps Of Computer Assembling
After you got the order with detailed specifications from clients, it’s time get the job done. Here, I have listed some basic steps of computer assembling.
- Get the computer case ready for installation.
- Install power supply unit (PSU) first
- Install DVD Drive
- Install motherboard
- Install processor (CPU)
- Install CPU heat sink and CPU fan
- Install memory
- Install hard disk drive (HDD) and solid state drive (SDD)
- Clear CMOS to reset BIOS or UEFI settings
- Tuck and tie PSU wires
- Connect power to the motherboard
- Connect power to CPU
- Connect case front panel wires to the motherboard
- Connect case front panel USB 3 wire to the motherboard
- Connect case front panel HD audio wire to the motherboard
- Connect case fan to the motherboard
- Connect power to HDD/SSD and DVD
- Connect SATA cables from motherboard to HDD/SSD and DVD
- Install video card
- Install internal adapter card
- Place your company logo label on the case
- Test Connection
- Install operating software
These are the basic steps in computer assembling. Generally, you will get orders for customized assembling as per the specific requirement of the PC user.